The Archival Eco House Visit



Last September 26, 2008, the Grade School "Earth Savers Club" went to Councilor Archival's Eco House. I was invited to be with the kids since I'm available that time (by the way, I'm handling HS). I'm so excited to see the place and kinda intrigued because I heard so much about it. It was featured in one of the TV shows. I can't wait to see the recycled stuffs in his house and be with the kids. The place showcases how various environmental initiatives could be implemented at the household level. It enhances the environment by conserving valuable resources such as energy, water and other materials. At the same time, it demonstrates how less production of wastes and full maximization of its uses can be achieved. It implements complementary activities such as organic food production, water conservation,and waste management through its biogas digester, vermicomposting,and wastewater treatment facility. Amazing!

The 400-square-metered house is located in Talamban. It is within the 7,000 square-meter-compound named as the “Earth, Wind, and Sun,” where recycling ingenuity and down-to-earth environmental initiatives are present.

I took a lot of pictures and even planned to bring my students there too. After all the sample pictures downloaded from the net on recycling, not to mention the videos I got from Metacafe and You Tube, i just realized that here is the best sample for the kids to see... a real application of recycling!

After visiting Archival Eco House, I was so inspired. Who won't be? Here are some of the pictures I took from the place. Sneak Peek!